Set-up Your Netgems Email Account with Outlook 2010
So you’re already setup with Netgems hosting and we have created a custom email for you, that’s great! Now to get started on using your new email address. This guide will show you how to set up your Netgems email account in Outlook 2010; assuming you have already launched your Outlook program, let’s get started.
To get started click the ‘File’ tab located in the top left corner, then click add account. The first box that will appear is ‘your name’, here you will enter your name as you would like it to to appear in your emails. The next is ‘Your Email’ where you will enter the email address you would like to add. In the password box, enter the password provided to you by Netgems, if you need to reset your password please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally, click the ‘Next’ button. At this point you’re email may be successfully added with auto configure. However if not you will need to manually configure your email settings, Here’s how:
1) Select the option that says ‘manually configure your mail server settings’ and click ‘Next’.
2) Select the option ‘Internet E-mail’, then click ‘Next’ again.
3) Now we need to configure the correct server settings, here’s the information you will need to enter:
Your Name: Enter as you would like it to appear
Email Address: The email address you are adding
Select ‘POP3’ as the account type.
Enter the incoming and outgoing mail servers both as mail.yourdomain.com
Username: Enter your full email address
Password: As provided for this account
4) Click the “More Settings” button.
5) Click the “Outgoing Server” tab.
6) Then click here to require outgoing server authentication.
7) Click the “Advanced” tab.
8) If you need to change your server port numbers you can do so here… otherwise just click “OK”.
9) Click “Next”.
You should now be free to use your email.